Nintendo 3DS games are hacked by Gateway 3DS card on May 30th, 2013. It will be the first real 3DS flashcard in the world. Gateway-3DS team upload a video to youtube.com, showing the Gateway 3DS card jailbreak 3DS roms. And they also promise the 1st 3DS flashcard will be on sale in middle of June. Cheers for players. Wait is ending, Players can play free 3DS games after June by getting a Gateway 3DS flashcard.
After long time waitting, the word's first real 3DS flashcard come out. The Gateway 3DS package contains 1 X 3DS card and 1 X DS card. It is a shame that the Gateway 3DS card can only support 3DS V4.5.0 and lower system, it can't work on 3DS V5.0.0 and upper console. And it can't run normal DS game either. (that is why they offer another DS card in the package). It seems their technology of jailbreak is not Mature。 It is said Nintendo already pay attention to Gateway-3DS team, and they are trying to ban it in furture version of 3DS system. We are not sure whether Gateway 3DS card can support upper 3DS system in future. Please don't upgrade your 3DS system to V5.0.0 or uppper version if you want to run Gateway 3DS card.
Good news, Gateway 3DS team released region free tool for the 3DS flashcard on Aug 19th, 2013. below is the news:
REGION-FREE and FIRMWARE SPOOFING released to beta testers !!! We are ecstatic to announce the beta release of our much awaited region liberator :-) All beta testers are kindly asked to feedback any issues in a timely manner so we can move the release to the wider public.
OSX fans :- We searched high and low for a suitable SD image writer and came up empty handed :-( therefore we decided to code our own tool for you :-) Please feel free to make use of our Mac OS 3DS SD Imager tool in place of the win 32 disk imager mentioned in our guides.
Similar with r4 card, the Gateway 3DS card also need an extra MicroSD card to finish jailbreak process. Players just put the Gateway software (kernel) and backed 3DS games into the SD card, then it can work. To connect with PC for files download, you also need a MicroSD adapter.
* Support all Nintendo 3DS games, all language
* Support 3DS / 3DSXL / 3DSLL
* Bonded with a Normal DS card. The DS card support all DS games.
* Support 3DS V4.5.0, 3DS V4.4.0, 3DS V4.3.0 and all below version, not support 3DS V5.0.0, 3DS V5.1.0, 3DS V6.0.0, 3DS V6.1.0, 3DS V6.2.0.
Warning: The Gateway 3DS card can't support 3DS V6.2.0, 3DS V6.1.0, 3DS V6.0.0, 3DS V5.1.0, 3DS V5.0.0. Please know it before your order.
- Is it one microSD per game?
- Must the microSD card size match the game size?
No, so long as the microSD card is larger than the rom size.
- Can it play games from other regions?
Currently no, however due to popular demand, we have launched an investigation into this possibility.
- Can it play Homebrew?
- Are saved games working? Once you take out the game is the save file kept or lost?
We are currently working to fully support back up and restore of save data.
- Can Nintendo block Gateway with an update?
Anything is possible we would rather not speculate (As always, any system updates should be avoided)
- How big are the games and what is the minimum size for the microSD card?
Some range from 256MB to 4GB
- Can you play multiplayer local and mostly online?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features
- Do the game keep internet capacity?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features
- Is it upgradable?
Yes some aspects of the design will be upgradable.
- Can it run normal DS roms?
No, there are many alternative options for this.
- Availability: End of June. BUT until production has started, we are not accepting any pre-payment, therefore end-users should NOT pay until we indicate on our site that pre orders are officially open and payments from resellers are being accepted. PLEASE DO NOT PRE-PAY UNTILL WE SAY SO !
* Gateway 3DS use guide - How to run the first real flashcard.
* Gateway 3DS V1.2 firmare update on Sep 9th. support iQue (China) and HK (Taiwan) region consoles.
Posted by Unknown on 28th Jun 2014
I bought this as a guest a few days ago, and have been charged, I've been expecting an email with some sort of confirmation of my purchase but have not received it yet. Any way you could help?
Posted by @@@angry bird@@@ on 12th Sep 2013
The story is not completed yet.They charge me 25usd for DHL.but the actual price on delivery order is 4usd and charge me 3usd extra when the parcel arrived on home.where is the remain 23usd going.....
Doing the thing "half in the sky,half in the ground".
Your guys just "are really going to work".everything is none of your business.shit!
r43ds: can you tell me your order number or user name please? If it is our mistake, we will send 23USD back to you.
Posted by r43ds admin on 12th Sep 2013
New Gateway 3DS V1.2 firmware release on 09/09/2013. The new firmware support iQue (China) and HK (Taiwan) region consoles to run Gateway 3DS card. Please download the latest firmware for update.
Posted by helrod on 11th Sep 2013
If i buy this gateway 3ds card, does it mean I can play any 3DS roms? even some latest release 3ds games? or there are some limitation? I want to know more information before my order.
Posted by Unknown on 25th Aug 2013
Finally I can play 3ds games .Thanks for your job!
Posted by r43ds team on 10th Aug 2013
Good news, the gateway 3ds card is in stock since Aug 10th. Please feel free to place the order.
Posted by ucrown on 4th Jun 2013
I am glad to see the 3DS games are finaly hacked. I intend to place a order on the gateway 3ds card. but is it the exactly price? What time can I get it?
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.